Health & Safety
How We Stay Clean, Safe & Healthy Together
Louisiana Children’s Museum has cleaning and safety procedures throughout our museum that protect the health and well-being of our guests, volunteers, and staff members.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Are masks required?
Yes, Louisiana Children’s Museum is requiring masks for all guests and staff with the sole exception of children under the age of 2. This includes those who are vaccinated, as well. Masks are optional while enjoying our beautiful outdoor exhibits.
What if my child can't wear a mask due to a medical condition or sensory processing condition?
We know that there are children and adults who have special needs or circumstances that make it difficult to follow our new mask policy which is why our LCM Team is ready to work with families to make sure their visit a positive one. If your child has a medical condition or sensory processing issues that prevents them from wearing a mask, please contact us at email@example.com.
What measures is LCM taking to ensure the museum remains a safe place to play?
- All guests and staff are required to wear masks with the sole exception of children under the age of 2. This includes those who are vaccinated as well. Masks are optional while enjoying our beautiful outdoor exhibits.
- All visitors, including members, must reserve advanced timed-entry tickets online. This precaution limits the number of guests in the Museum which ensures a quality visit for our guests.
- Cleaning and sanitation using CDC-approved cleaning materials will take place all day, every day. Staff and volunteers will regularly wipe, clean, and disinfect high-touch, hard surfaces such as counters, windows, doors and door handles, and stair railings.
- Loose toys, such as play food in our Follow That Food Gallery, are wiped down regularly and rotated to ensure sanitation. All toys are sanitized before reopening the next day.
- LCM’s state of the art air filtration system ensures that the indoor air quality is healthy and safe for children and their caregivers.
- Maintaining a safe and healthy Museum for everyone is a responsibility we all share. If you or your child(ren) are not well feeling well, please visit when everyone is healthy.
- Hand sanitizer stations are positioned throughout the Museum.
I’m a member, do I need advance tickets?
- Yes. We require members to reserve tickets in advance online, here.
- Please Note: Members may only reserve the number of tickets allowed by their membership. For example, a Family 2 membership allows admission for up to 5 people including the cardholder. Any tickets requested over the number allowed by a family’s membership will not be accepted and will be deleted.
Will field trips/group visits be offered during this time?
We look forward to welcoming group visitors back to the LCM beginning July 2021. If you are interested in a field trip/group visit, email firstname.lastname@example.org.