Health & Safety
How We Stay Clean, Safe & Healthy Together
Louisiana Children’s Museum has cleaning and safety procedures throughout our museum that protect the health and well-being of our guests, volunteers, and staff members.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Are masks required for guests at LCM?
No, masks are no longer required indoors for all Museum guests (vaccinated and unvaccinated).
Are proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test required for admission to LCM?
No, proof of vaccination and/or a negative COVID test is not required.
What measures is LCM taking to ensure the museum remains a safe place to play?
- All visitors, including members, must reserve advanced timed-entry tickets online. This precaution limits the number of guests in the Museum which ensures a quality visit for our guests.
- Cleaning and sanitation using CDC-approved cleaning materials will take place all day, every day. Staff and volunteers will regularly wipe, clean, and disinfect high-touch, hard surfaces such as counters, windows, doors and door handles, and stair railings.
- Loose toys, such as play food in our Follow That Food Gallery, are wiped down regularly and rotated to ensure sanitation. All toys are sanitized before reopening the next day.
- LCM’s state of the art air filtration system ensures that the indoor air quality is healthy and safe for children and their caregivers.
- Hand sanitizer stations are positioned throughout the Museum.
- Maintaining a safe and healthy Museum for everyone is a responsibility we all share. If you or your child(ren) are not well feeling well, please visit when everyone is healthy.
I’m a member, do I need advanced tickets?
- Yes. We require members to reserve tickets in advance online, here.
- Please Note: Members may only reserve the number of tickets allowed by their membership. For example, a Family 2 membership allows admission for up to 5 people including the cardholder. Any tickets requested over the number allowed by a family’s membership will not be accepted and will be deleted.
Is LCM providing ticket and/or membership refunds due to changes in COVID policies?
- No, LCM tickets and memberships are non-refundable.