Weekdays + Saturdays
10:30am and 1pm
Location & Admission
420 Julia Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
The Louisiana Children’s Museum is located at 420 Julia Street in the Warehouse Museum District between Magazine and Tchoupitoulas Streets. We are just four blocks from the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center.
$8.50 (plus Louisiana sales tax) per person, adults and children. LCM members and children under the age of one are admitted FREE. Adults must accompany children under 16 years. Handicap accessible.
Tuesday – Saturday:
9:30am – 4:30pm
12:00pm – 4:30pm
Closed Major Holidays:
New Year’s Day, Mardi Gras (call for schedule), Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day
Parking is available in nearby lots at an approximate cost of $5. The closest parking lots are the Residence Inn and PK1 lots with entrances on St. Joseph Street. Street parking is also available at parking meters but don’t forget your quarters. Each quarter will buy 12 minutes at the meter. City parking attendants are very diligent so please plan accordingly. On Sunday, parking on the street at meters is FREE.
The following are precautions we are taking at the Louisiana Children’s Museum:
- Hand Sanitizers: Located on each floor in exhibit areas
- Museum Sanitizing: We’re taking extra measures to ensure the commonly touched surfaces are disinfected throughout the day.
We are asking that our visitors do their part as well:
- Please encourage good hygiene at home and remind children about hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Teach your children not to share personal items like drinks, food or utensils, and to cover their coughs and sneezes appropriately.
- Be familiar with the symptoms of the seasonal flu. Flu usually comes on suddenly. The symptoms include fever, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, headache, chills, and fatigue. Symptoms also may include diarrhea and vomiting. Many people recover with little or no medical intervention, but you should contact your doctor with questions and concerns and to determine the need for evaluation and appropriate care.