Join the Team
Weekdays + Saturdays
11am and 1pm
Join the LCM Team!
Employment Opportunities at the Louisiana Children’s Museum…
Louisiana Children’s Museum seeks an imaginative and energetic individual to plan and implement fun, creative and educational programs for children and families.
Skills needed for Program Coordinator:
- Creativity – ability to imagine and develop a great variety of programs for young children using all resources
- Networking – ability to discover a great variety of resources in the community – New Orleans and beyond – that can be incorporated into LCM programs
- Organizational – ability to plan, schedule/coordinate, record, evaluate – and start the cycle again – for LCM programming
- Actively seeking professional development – Willingness to grow, lifelong learning, continual improvement – respond to what comes in through the door
The ideal candidate is an experienced educator with prior Special Event planning and Non-profit experience.
Work schedule is Tuesday through Saturday, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Send cover letter, resume and three references to Simonne Robinson, Chief Administrative Officer, Louisiana Children’s Museum: firstname.lastname@example.org
Museum Experience Associate
The Louisiana Children’s Museum is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual to work as the Museum Experience Associate. The Museum Experience Associate assists the Museum Experience Manager in supervising Exhibit Facilitators and overseeing the quality of the Museum visitor experience.
This is a part time position. Pay will be commensurate with experience.
1. Two years of supervisory experience
2. College degree, preferably in Education
3. Hands on experience working with children birth to eight years of age
4. Excellent customer service and diplomacy skills
5. Ability to work with a variety of people and personalities
6. Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
7. Ability to learn and operate database and POS system
8. Ability to make the ordinary Extraordinary!
1. Guarantees highest quality experience for all visitors by leading Exhibit Facilitators in providing an educationally rich, inquiry based, playful approach to exhibit and programming.
2. Assist Museum Experience Manager with hiring, training, maintaining schedules, and supervising Exhibit Facilitators and volunteers.
3. Assist Museum Experience Manager with all aspects of Museum operations (exhibits, doors, lights), ensuring proper functionality on a regular basis.
4. Monitor safety concerns with MEM, Exhibit Facilitators and maintenance staff.
5. Assists Museum Experience Manager in Museum staffing/implementation, opening and closing procedures.
6. Fill in as needed at Front Desk, in the Museum Store and After Hours Events.
All applicants must submit current resume and cover letter outlining qualifications and interest in the position. These materials should be emailed to: email@example.com, Attn. Museum Experience Manager, Michal Erder.