Join the Team
Weekdays + Saturdays
11am and 1pm
Join the LCM Team!
Museum Experience Associate
The Museum Experiences Associate of the Louisiana Children’s Museum assists the Museum Experience Manager (MEM) in supervising Exhibit Facilitators and Cashiers in addition to overseeing the quality of the Museum visitor experience. This is a part-time, hourly position (25-30 hrs p/wk).
- Two years of supervisory experience
- College degree, preferably in Education
- Hands on experience working with children birth to eight years of age
- Excellent customer service and diplomacy skills
- Ability to work with a variety of people and personalities
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to learn and operate Razor’s Edge database and POS system
- Ability to make the ordinary extraordinary!
Director of Marketing and Public Relations
Devise, coordinate and implement the Museum’s overall marketing plan including advertising, public relations, marketing strategies, special events, exhibit openings, sponsorships and publications. Manages all aspects of productions of brochures, advertising and other publications including copy writing, editing and graphic design.
- At least 5 years marketing/ public relations experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong public relations and interpersonal skills required for dealing with the public as the Museum’s spokesperson
- Administrative skills for managing department and personnel
- Knowledge of local, regional, and national media required
- Strong knowledge of Web development technologies
- Non-profit background helpful
Email cover letter and resume to Simonne Robinson, Chief Administrative Officer at email@example.com.
LCM is seeking a development professional to create, manage, and implement a strategic fundraising plan. Will work with staff, board of directors, foundations, corporations, and prospects in order to advance funding.The ideal candidate will have a passion for Early Childhood Development, be highly energetic, creative, and a results-oriented professional.
Prospect research, cultivation and stewardship of corporate, foundation, and individual donors, maintaining support of government agencies, grant and report writing, planning and implementing fundraising events, securing event sponsorships, and other activities in support of the organization’s mission.
- Minimum 5 years of fundraising experience in a corporate or nonprofit organization required
- Excellent ability to build relationships both inside and outside the organization
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred