Visitor Services Associate
LCM shows children they matter and exists to strengthen and support families. Be a part of a place where wonderful things happen daily!
Visitor Services Associate
Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from 9:00 am-4:45 pm, and Sundays from 11 am-4:45 pm.
Paid breaks and holidays, party room and after-hours privileges, Acorn Café and Gift Shop discounts, 403 (b).
Visitor Services Manager
The Visitor Services Associate serves as a frontline ambassador for LCM. This position is responsible for setting the tone of every museum visit by welcoming each visitor and family to the museum and advising them of current programming and events. The VSA is responsible for all transactions: admissions, memberships, birthday parties, and field trips.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Promote the culture and brand of LCM.
- Project a positive image of the organization to employees, volunteers, guests, and the community.
- Set a playful & positive tone for every visit, welcome families with warmth and excitement, share information about the museum in an efficient and enthusiastic way.
- Process all transactions on the POS system – ticketing, memberships, birthday parties, and field trips.
- Upsell LCM memberships.
- Maintain accurate daily sales records – open & close the registers each day, assemble bank deposits and change orders for the CFO.
- Foster relationships with museum members – greet families by name and create a personalized museum experience.
- Share information and orient new visitors to the new museum – the daily roster of programs, upcoming events, and outdoor conditions.
- Monitor the entrance to the Atrium.
- Direct the general public to the Museum Store, Acorn Café, and other attractions in the park.
- Serve as front desk reception for the administrative offices – welcome board members and partners for meetings, answer front desk phone and appropriately direct calls, sign for packages and notify staff when they arrive
- Assist the Education team in data collection – survey visitors, collect zip codes, and contribute to evaluation projects to measure the quality of the museum’s experiences offered.
- Attend monthly staff meetings and training.
- Coordinate with the Museum Experience Manager, Museum Experience Assistant Manager, Play Facilitators, Marketing & Sales Coordinator, Group Experience Supervisor, and Birthday Hosts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years of cash handling and credit card transaction experience
- At least 1 year of sales/customer service/hospitality experience
- At least 1 year of POS system experience
- Excellent customer service, multi-tasking, and communications skills
- Proficient in MS Office 365 Suite
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to Candice Lobban at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in the Louisiana Children’s Museum.
The Louisiana Children’s Museum is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, representative of the people we serve. We believe a diverse and inclusive workplace helps Louisiana Children’s Museum foster its innovative culture of creativity and play. Louisiana Children’s Museum encourages all applicants to apply. Louisiana Children’s Museum is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of their diverse voices, perspectives and background; because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
The hiring department will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate.