Play Power Educator
LCM shows children they matter and exists to strengthen and support families. Be a part of a place where wonderful things happen daily!
PLAY POWER EDUCATOR
Monday-Friday 8:30 am-5 pm. Monday-Thursdays at the school site and Fridays at LCM.
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Vacation, Sick Time, and Personal Days, Paid Holidays, party room privilege, LCM Membership, discounts for LCM Camp, Event Rental, Acorn Café, and the Gift Shop.
Chief Learning Officer
The Play Power Educator prepares, schedules, and delivers various lessons for the Play Power programs, based on the Play Power curriculum, at local schools. As these presentations are heavily concentrated during the school year, during the summer months the Play Power Educator will evaluate, train, and prepare for the next school year.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage the marketing, scheduling, delivery, and reporting of Play Power curriculum and programs.
- Work with the Chief Learning Officer to achieve program goals.
- Provide high-quality, content-rich, engaging activities for all classes participating in the Play Power program.
- Coordinate scheduling and planning with all Play Power schools and partners.
- Collect data daily, including photographic, numeric, and anecdotal stories.
- Prepare and present weekly reports on Play Power programs.
- Assist with strengthening existing Play Power programs and creating new Play Power programs.
- Coordinate with the Education Team including other Play Power Educators, Site Teachers, and Impact Area Directors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years of Teacher experience
- At least 2 years of Early Childhood Development experience
- At least 2 years of Curriculum Development and Classroom Management experience
- Familiarity with the Reggio Emilia Approach to Childhood Education
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, time-management, problem-solving, communication, customer service, and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Counseling
- At least 5 years of Public-School Teacher experience
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to Shannon Blady at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in the Louisiana Children’s Museum.
The Louisiana Children’s Museum is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, representative of the people we serve. We believe a diverse and inclusive workplace helps Louisiana Children’s Museum foster its innovative culture of creativity and play. Louisiana Children’s Museum encourages all applicants to apply. Louisiana Children’s Museum is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of their diverse voices, perspectives, and background; because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Health and Safety Policy
LCM’s mission is to provide a safe environment for children by giving them access to safe, innovative, and educational play experiences. Therefore, LCM requires employees to be immunized against COVID-19. All employees must have received required doses of an approved COVID-19 immunization before starting work. The company will consider accommodations for disability and religious-based reasons.