Museum Store Sales Associate
LCM shows children they matter and exists to strengthen and support families. Be a part of a place where wonderful things happen daily!
MUSEUM STORE SALES ASSOCIATE
Seeking a welcoming, enthusiastic, and engaging person for our available Museum Sales Associate position.
Schedule: Tuesdays and Fridays 9 am-4:45 pm. Schedule subject to change in the fall, schedule flexibility is required.
Benefits: Paid breaks and holidays, party room and after-hours privileges, Acorn Café and Gift Shop discounts.
Reports to: Museum Store Manager
The Museum Store Sales Associate represents the Museum Store as a business within a non-profit business and is responsible for customer service, merchandising, and selling.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Promote the culture and brand of LCM.
- Assist in meeting annual sales goal of $250,000.
- Provide customer service and attend to visitor, customer, and vendor needs.
- Sell inventory and check out guests through the Point-of-Sale system.
- Assist with strategic inventory merchandising to maximize sales.
- Assist with receiving and processing inventory shipments.
- Maintain a clean and attractive store setting with optimal product placement for maximum sales
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years of retail experience
- Proficient in POS systems and MS Office 365
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills
- 1 year of TAM Retail Software Experience
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in the Louisiana Children’s Museum.
The Louisiana Children’s Museum is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, representative of the people we serve. We believe a diverse and inclusive workplace helps Louisiana Children’s Museum foster its innovative culture of creativity and play. Louisiana Children’s Museum encourages all applicants to apply. Louisiana Children’s Museum is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of their diverse voices, perspectives and background; because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Health and Safety Policy
LCM’s mission is to provide a safe environment for children by giving them access to safe, innovative, and educational play experiences. Therefore, LCM requires employees to be immunized against COVID-19. All employees must have received required doses of an approved COVID-19 immunization before starting work. The company will consider accommodations for disability and religious based reasons.