LCM shows children they matter and exists to strengthen and support families. Be a part of a place where wonderful things happen daily!
Saturdays 9 am-5 pm and Sundays 11 am-5 pm
Scheduling may vary depending on the number of birthdays booked each weekend.
Paid breaks and holidays, party room and after-hours privileges, Acorn Café and Gift Shop discounts.
Group Experience Supervisor
The Birthday Host is an essential player in the delivery of the museum’s experience. A child celebrates their birthday once every year, and at LCM we bring the party! Our Birthday Hosts are responsible for creating an extraordinary experience for each child celebrating with LCM. Each Birthday Host must have the ability to create meaningful memories for the birthday child, their family, and their guests. Birthday Hosts serve as the day-of, on-site coordinator for visitor’s birthday parties. Birthday Hosts set the tone and energy for the entire party and create a fun, playful, and child-centered atmosphere. If there are gaps in the party schedule for the day, Birthday Hosts will be reassigned to assist in other areas of the museum (i.e. Play Facilitator).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prep and set up the Celebration Rooms before each party time slot by checking for cleanliness, supplies, ambiance, and any catering orders.
- Coordinate with the Group Experience Supervisor for the party schedule of the day.
- Act as a liaison with Acorn Dickie Brennan’s staff to coordinate catering delivery to the Celebration Rooms.
- Facilitate the LCM birthday experience for each booked party:
- Greet party families at check in and assist with party set-up as necessary; unload their supplies and escort the family to the Celebration Rooms.
- Maintain open and easy communication with the party caregivers when reviewing the schedule and make them feel welcome.
- Serve food if requested by the party family.
- Lead any planned activities inside of the Celebration Rooms.
- Facilitate singing “Happy Birthday;” cut cake and distribute it to party guests.
- Assist in clean-up of activity supplies, pack and store leftover cake, pack the gift/present cart.
- Escort the party family & guests into the museum to play!
- Participate in trainings.
- Address any issues, questions, or complications in a friendly and enthusiastic manner.
- Coordinate with theGroup Experience Supervisor, Marketing & Sales Coordinator, Museum Experience Managers, and Visitor Services Associates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years of customer service experience
- At least 1 year of work experience in a child and/or family setting
- Proficient in MS Office 365
- Excellent communication, time management, problem-solving, and detail orientation skills
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in the Louisiana Children’s Museum.
The Louisiana Children’s Museum is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, representative of the people we serve. We believe a diverse and inclusive workplace helps Louisiana Children’s Museum foster its innovative culture of creativity and play. Louisiana Children’s Museum encourages all applicants to apply. Louisiana Children’s Museum is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of their diverse voices, perspectives and background; because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Health and Safety Policy
LCM’s mission is to provide a safe environment for children by giving them access to safe, innovative, and educational play experiences. Therefore, LCM requires employees to be immunized against COVID-19. All employees must have received required doses of an approved COVID-19 immunization before starting work. The company will consider accommodations for disability and religious based reasons.