Weekdays + Saturdays
11am and 1pm
Big Time Birthday Policies and Options
Have Big Fun with a “Big Time” Party!
No hassle, no mess, no fuss – just show up and leave the rest to us.
Party times are 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. on Friday, Saturday or Sunday from September – May.
Party times are 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. on Friday, Saturday or Sunday from June – August.
Currently, Big Time Birthday Parties cannot be booked online. Please contact the birthday coordinator by email or by phone at 504-266-2418 for availability or to schedule your Big-Time Birthday Party. Availability is limited with the Big Time party so call in advance to secure your desired date.
Please note that Big Time Birthday Parties MUST be booked and paid in full 2 weeks prior to the party date.
Choose from one of our 4 party themes:
- Celebrate the Scribble – Ideal for children ages 1 – 3. Celebrate scribbling with us as your guests create one-of-a-kind works of art. This party takes place on the 2nd floor of the Museum.
- Arty Party – Ideal for ages 4 and up. Create renditions of art based on your birthday child’s favorite artist. This party takes place on the 2nd floor of the Museum.
- Night at the Museum – Ideal for ages 4 and up. Enjoy the laughter of your party guests as we dance and play games. Parental involvement is inevitable! This party takes place on the 2nd floor of the Museum.
- Out of this World – Ideal for ages 4 and up. For the science-minded children, explore the stars with STARLAB, an inflatable, portable planetarium. This party takes place on the 2nd floor of the Museum with the STARLAB presentation taking place on the 1st floor. Children and parents will be directed downstairs for the STARLAB portion of the party. An additional $75 is required for the set up of STARLAB.
Big Time parties are a benefit of membership. Big Time Birthday Party packages come in two sizes:
- $650 for up to 20 children and 25 adults
- $750 for up to 30 children and 35 adults
An additional honoree is $20, and there can be no more than three birthday honorees per party.
A nonrefundable 50% deposit is required for all Big Time bookings with the remaining balance due two weeks prior to the party date.
Credit and debit cards are accepted by phone. Cash, check, debit and credit cards are accepted at the front desk.
You can access your party room 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time to begin setting up.
Late arrivals will not be allowed additional time in the party room.
Parties MUST end at their scheduled time, no exceptions.
We provide you with admission to the Museum for 20 children and 25 adults or 30 children and 35 adults.
The birthday child and immediate family are not counted in this tally.
Your guests will be asked to sign in as they enter the Museum.
If you exceed the 20-25 or 30-35 mark, you will incur a $12.00 per extra child and/or $6.00 per extra adult charge that you pay at the end of your party.
Anyone over the age of 16 constitutes an adult and anyone under the age of 12 months is free.
Child and adult admissions are not interchangeable.
Food & Beverages:
All food or beverage must stay in the private party rooms.
If you’re planning on ordering anything such as additional sandwiches or other food, we ask that you DO NOT have it delivered to the Museum but you are welcome to pick it up before you come and bring it with you.
We cannot offer you any cold storage but you are more than welcome to bring an ice chest.
DO NOT bring any heating devices, such as chafing dishes, crock pots, microwaves or hot plates, or alcoholic beverages into the Museum.
Decorations & Entertainment:
Each room features a festive hand-painted mural so decorations should be kept to a minimum.
You may not tape or tie balloons, banners or decoration to any painted/finished surfaces, duct work or ceilings.
The Museum does not provide helium or staff for balloon inflation.
Balloon arches, piñatas, and additional tables are not allowed. Balloon bouquets may be purchased as upgrades.
Costumed characters, magicians or outside entertainers are not allowed.
A Museum staff member will be available to assist with transporting party supplies to and from the party room, PA announcements to gather guests, minimal set-up, cutting the cake and bagging gifts. You are the Host(ess) of your own party and we do not have a strict schedule that we run for you. The staff member is not on hand to supervise your guests so all children must be accompanied by a parent or adult throughout the Museum for their safety and supervision.
Big Time party fees are nonrefundable. To reschedule you must call to change your party date at least 14 days prior to the party.
In the event of a mandatory evacuation of the city of New Orleans, we will offer you the choice of receiving a refund or rescheduling your party.
Currently, Big-Time Birthday Parties cannot be booked online.
Need more information? Please contact our Birthday Coordinator by email or by phone at 504-266-2418.